SOHO Organizer (formerly known as SOHO Personal Organizer) is what you could call a Swiss Army Knife of productivity software.
It combines a calendar, address book, word processor, project manager, memo taker, telephone dialer and alarm clock all rolled into one easy-to-use package. There is always a danger of combining so many elements in one package because invariably, some will be better than others but SOHO Organizer manages to do quite a good job on all counts. What is undeniable though is that SOHO Organizer has been directly inspired by Address Book and in some areas, looks uncannily like it.
You can import and export info from other applications into SOHO Organizer and sync everything with mobile devices. There is some confusion though in how everything integrates - it's sometimes hard to switch between the various components and some parts, such as the journal, are too basic to worth bothering with.
If you want to bring all your organizational tasks under one umbrella then SOHO Organizer could be the all-in-one solution you were looking for - it's certainly more powerful than Address Book.
- Added Mac OS X 10.7 Lion compatibility
- Added auto-completion for attendee field in CalDAV accounts (uses Personal database)
- Added feature to auto-create Journal folder for user if it has been deleted
- Optimized calendar subscription updates
- Changed importing of iCalendar files so that the software no longer ask for its encoding and uses UTF-8 as the iCalendar spec specifies
- Fixed problem opening Smart Group editor when no groups exist in database